PLEASE NOTE: All visitors are required to wear a mask in our building.
Whether they’re presenting a class, passing out a snack bag, or just chaperoning a field trip, our volunteers are the BEST! We have so many ways that you can help make a positive impact in a girl’s life. Take your experience, passions, and skills to help us reach our mission to inspire every girl to be STRONG, SMART, and BOLD!
Ready to serve? Read our opportunities below and fill out an application.
Questions? Email our Volunteer Coordinator at MWillis@girlsinccentral-al.org.
How To Volunteer
- Complete an online application
- Take part in a volunteer interview
- Complete and pass our background check process
- Participate in a quick volunteer orientation
Current Volunteer Opportunities
- Program Assistant: Assist program facilitators with curriculum and classroom management
- Special Programs: Lead or assist with an activity that interests you (soccer, sewing, piano, gardening, photography, etc.)
- Speaker: Lecture, lead an activity, or lead the girls on STEM-focused activity
- Summer Camp Assistant: Monitor and spend time with the girls during lunch hour; Lead/participate in recreational sports; assist staff with summer programming
Teen Leadership Program
- Speaker: Lecture or lead the girls on leadership or career development activity
- Special Events: Assist program staff with special events throughout the year
- Summer Camps: Assist with set up/clean up, activities, program facilitation, and other needed areas
- Giving Tree: Assist with organizing, wrapping, and distributing donated gifts